|Ludwick is a Padre|
- Rays acquire Chad Qualls from the Diamondbacks for a player to be named later. Qualls has been brutal this year, perhaps he can be revitalized by going to a team in the hunt for a pennant.
- The Rangers acquired infielder Christian Guzman from Washington for a pair of minor leaguers. Guzman gives the Rangers a solid utility infielder, and will likely start with Ian Kinsler on the DL.
- Braves acquire reliever Kyle Farnsworth, and Outfielder Rick Ankiel from the Royals for reliever Jesse Chavez, utility man Gregor Blanco, and minor leaguer Tim Collins. The Royals sell off a couple of pending free agents, whiles the Braves get a little more depth. Farnsworth is a turd in big games, an implosion is likely.
- The acquire reliever Will Ohman from the Orioles for pitcher Rick VandenHurk. Ohman is a decent pitcher, but he won't make a big difference. VandenHurk is a hard-throwing young pitcher who has some potential.
- Pirates acquire Chris Snyder, and minor leaguer Pedro Ciriaco from the Diamondbacks for Bobby Crosby, D.J. Carrasco, and Ryan Church. The Pirates get a decent young catcher for a bunch of garbage. Arizona was clearly trying to shed salary.
- The Padres, Indians, and Cardinals swung a three-team trade as well. The Padres acquire outfielder Ryan Ludwick, the Cardinals get Pitcher Jake Westbrook, and the Indians receive two pitching prospects. I love this move as a Padre fan, they get a power-hitting outfielder without surrendering any of their top prospects. Westbrook will give the Cards a decent option at the back of their rotation.
- The Dodgers acquire Ted Lilly, and Ryan Theriot from the Cubs, in exchange for infielder Blake Dewitt and two min for leaguers. The Dodgers also acquired Octavio Dotel from Pittsburgh, in exchange for pitcher James Mcdonald and minor leaguer Andrew Lambo.
- The Giants acquired a pair of relievers, getting Ramon Ramirez from Boston for a minor leaguer Daniel Turpen. They also get Javier Lopez from the Pirates for John Bowker and pitcher Joe Martinez.
- The Yankees acquired Kerry Wood from the Indians for a player to be named. If he can stay healthy, he can give them another option in the 8th inning. He can't be much worse than Joba Chamberlain has been this year.
|Lilly goes to the Dodgers|