Sunday, May 22, 2011

Why I Root Against the Miami Heat

The Heat are in the drivers seat in the Eastern Conference Semifinals against the Chicago Bulls, after winning 96-85 on Sunday night.  Chris Bosh had a dominant game, scoring 34 points in the win.  It appears than many people are enjoying the Heatles run to greatness, I however, would like to see them crash and burn.

First of all, I strongly dislike Lebron James.  The "decision" showed the world that his ego is in a different stratosphere, and ripping the heart out of a city who has suffered enough over the years.  Even before that, James came across as an entitled brat, who had everyone in his life cater to his needs.  I respect the talent, but cannot stand the individual.

Second, the whole pageantry of the big three's arrival in Miami left a bitter taste in my mouth.  Bosh played for a sorry Toronto team that collapsed last year, and I felt he was not worth the deal he received.  Before the team had even played a game together, they declared that they would win seven championships, even though the team had no point guard, or bench to speak of.

You would think that having two of the best players in the game would energize a market starving for a winner, yet often times this season, American Airlines Arena was not filled to capacity.  Miami is a tourist town, and the citizens looked like they had yet to fully embrace their new super squad.

Everyone else may want to see "King James" win his first ring, but I take pleasure in watching him fail.  Perhaps I am bitter, but there is just something about the guy that rubs me the wrong way.  Here's hoping that the Bulls can crush the spirits of Lebron once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment