Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Random Thoughts: Karma Served?

So I started doing that 30 day song challenge thing on Facebook(I know, I know) and it actually is kind of fun. Well, today's challenge was to pick a song that reminded you of someone. Some songs remind me of a great time I have had friends, but naturally, I choose to focus on a negative time. Well, it was negative then, pretty hilarious now.

Let us take a trip back to 2003, my senior year of high school. While everyone else was socializing, driving, and getting laid, I was a recluse who spent my days playing video games, and wishing that I was part of that crowd that had seen a girl naked. I never really went out of my way to talk to girls, in part because I was a shy, acne-riddled teen with no game whatsoever. I was devoid of what the kids call "game."

Anyway, during my senior I met this girl, and I started to like her. I am sure it is because she was a non-gargoyle looking bitch, but it felt pretty good. She dug many of the bands I liked, and even liked sports a little. Suffice to say I was smitten. Naturally, I was too much of a puss to ask her out. I figured that rejection was a certainty, and I did not want to go down that road. After working up the balls for almost three months, I finally decided I was going to ask her out. I had no idea what we would do, but I figured I would take my shot. A friend I had then beat to the punch and asked her out. They are married now, and I never got my chance with this girl. Turns out I dodged a bullet.

While doing some snooping on Facebook recently, I came across this girl's profile. She was barely recognizable. From the ages of 18-26, she blew up at least 70 lbs. Hell, it could be more. Sure she has big cans like she did then, but that is about it. She is below average; I would have to be a little drunk to tackle this beast. Oh, did I mention she has a kid? Yikes, that could have been me.

Perhaps karma isn't the right word. I am sure this bitch and her gumpy little hubby are happy with the goofy-looking shit factory they created. Good for them. Do I sound a little bitter? Perhaps I am, not for myself, but for that 18-year-old that tasted defeat.

I suppose things do happen for a reason. I know that if I was married to a girl who's looks faded at just 26, and a I had a baby with said girl, I would be fucking miserable. Perhaps I would get a divorce, and have my bank account sucked dry for the next 18 years. Maybe I would not have the ability to pursue my education, and my life would become a series of crappy jobs, until, at the age of  70, where I drop dead of a heart attack. Not what I wanted out of life.

The moral of the story? Don't sweat the girls you missed out on. Sure, I loathed for many months the chance I thought I missed out on. I thought that I would never get over it. But, it seems like my laugh is better for it. I hope she enjoys the diabetes, while I have a laugh about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment